Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pictures in Morocco!

Samantha and me at the port of Algercias in Spain

sunrise


Shannon, Samantha and I with some new friends!

From the bus, pictures just outside Tangier, Morocco


Inside our hotel in Fes

View from hotel of Fes



Inside the Medina in Fes

tons of shops like this all throughout the streets




only Muslims allowed inside

donkeyssss

cute

inside the spice shop!!

painting on the door outside the shop



scarf/turban/fabric store

he has no teeth

our director Manuel and this SHY kid; Manuel is trying to make him laugh..not working


I feel like Aladdin

rug shop




beautiful tile floor in the rug shop



lots of rugs

Jen and I with our mint tea. mmmm yum.


Me, Shannon, Samantha


world's best or worst scaffolding?

leather dying wells

the one's on the left are made with pigeon poop to clean the leather...

Fes

lunch restaurant


plate/gold/silver shop


Aladdin?

he's engraving a plate




piles of trash like this everywhere..



scenery



lion king..? (it's just a dog, no worries)


ceramic shop











ceramic scraps and trash + kids playing 




Fes from view up high



Fes



some of Valencia group!

Royal Palace


All of us Valencia girls!

Shannon and me

Belly dancing

drums




ceiling tiles


one of the guys from ISA Salamanca--one of the coolest people I've ever met


Wedding, Moroccan style. Shannon, Samantha, and Alex (ISA Salamanca) 



I got pulled up to dance with her

bus pictures from Fes to Oasis

















water part of the oasis

forest part of the oasis




so beautiful


ISA Valencia in Morocco!!

 in the oasis!




4x4 Ace Ventura style

Lindsay, Jakki, and me


Jen, Achmed, and me

Samantha and me

sunrise in the Sahara, no big deal..


















Shannon and me

holding the sun





beautiful view...us not so beautiful at 6 AM

such pretty bedhead


CAMELS!!!!!



some of Valencia


Andrew (ISA Santander), me, Jakki

BISCUIT




Ali (cutest kid)






Ali and Ucef (my two favorites)

oh biscuit, you're so nice


the town..




the school







our home!!

white tent=dining tent


see that shack in the background? that's the bathroom



gross little bugs

camp from a few dunes away



the great dune in the distance; behind it is another oasis..too bad it takes like 2 hours to get there if you're not stopping and if we had kept going out to it, the sun would have set as we were walking back...far away from camp.



Shannon, Jakki, and me


hanging out with kids on the dunes



Samantha, Hamid and me


sunset



our camp


at the rest stop on the way home, little puppies!!



I don't have pictures from my camera of me on a camel, they are all on my friends' cameras who were behind and in front of me.  When they post their pictures on facebook I will go through and pick the best ones and then post those on here too!! Hope you all enjoyed these pictures!!