Thursday, December 8, 2011

Granada

Here's the post about Granada! Germany will follow shortly after.

The bus ride to and from Granada was about 6 hours.  When we got there, we checked into the hotel, which was an awesome hotel.  Then we went to an old neighborhood to have an over look view of La Alhambra. From there, we went to a Flamenco show.  It lasted about an hour and they were so good. The one I saw in Sevilla was really bad compared to this.  The dancers were all amazing and spot on with their moves. After the show, some of us went out but we mostly just walked around from place to place.

The next morning, we did a guided tour of La Alhambra.  It lasted 3 hours, which was a long time to be listening to someone in Spanish.  But, the guide was really cool and La Alhambra was an amazing place.  All the buildings/palaces are beautiful and the view of Granada and Sierra Nevada mountains was incredible. After we left La Alhambra, we went to a tapas restaurant for lunch.  Then, I went with Rachael out to the Granada airport--the view on the drive out there was great.  You could see the snowcapped mountains of the Sierra Nevada.  When I got back to the hotel, we went to dinner at this amazing pizza/Italian restaurant; the pizza was incredible. Then, we went out to a club that is in a cave and that was really cool.

The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel and left to head back to Valencia.  I know this post wasn't very big but that's because we were really only able to go see things Friday night and Saturday. Although my time in Granada was short, I loved it.  I think that's the first place I want to go back to when I revisit Spain.  It wasn't as touristy as Sevilla, but had the same small, cobble stoned street feel.

PS: I updated the Pictures part of Granada with some captions and added some more to the description in the written part above all the pictures!